The key elements of the Under 7s Rules of Play are:
- Boys and girls aged 7 on 1st September 2018 or School Year 2
- Team numbers: a maximum of 4-a-side
- Maximum pitch size: 20 metres x 12 metres
- Ball Size: 3
- Maximum minutes each half: 10
- Scoring: Players not permitted to go to ground to score tries
- Play can continue from a knock-on
- No tackling
- No kicking, scrums or lineouts
Why not come along and give a try!
The playing season runs from the 2nd Sunday in September through to the 1st Sunday in May. There will be training or fixtures every Sunday morning (weather and pitch conditions permitting) except during Christmas and Easter. Mini’s coaching (Under 6s to Under 12s) is held on Sunday mornings start at 10:30am.
Bristol Harlequins Rugby Club on Broomhill Road in Brislington next to Beeches Hotels and Goals.
How to join?
We offer free taster session for the first week - so simply come along and see how your child enjoys playing rugby. Your Team Manager will be able to take you through the membership process and discuss joining fees.
What to bring?
A water bottle and appropriate sportswear. Footwear should be studded rugby (or football) boots. If your child has asthma, an inhaler must be brought along to every session. Rugby is a winter sport so waterproofs and warm clothing should be considered - for players and for parents! Muddy kit and boots are not allowed in the Clubhouse, so it would be a good idea to have a kit bag with a clean change of clothes.